Saturday, April 22, 2006

Let's Hear it for the ZOO!

Today we rocked the Zoo, Bronx style!!

I fell in love with the monkeys today. This baboon was one of my favorites. The rainforest exhibit was crawling with all types of crazy monkeys. We spotted two babies which was where I focused my attention. I am such a girl. The best part of the zoo today was the new exhibit. The baboons there are amazing. They actually looked like cartoons, which made my job very easy. The king baboon, I dubbed him that because of his demanding personality, decided to bawl out one of his kids in front of me. Luckily his lecture lasted long enough for me to take a stab at it. Something about the whole thing reminded me of my childhood. Haha.
I was surprised when I got home and looked at my sketchbook. It might as well have been a day at the aquarium. Here are some of my favorite fish (and pig nosed turtles) in the rainforest exhibit.
By the end of the day we were so tired. . .

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails