Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sitting on my Shoulders


My half-hour commute on the F train births some of my most successful character development projects. These angels and devils showed up in my notebook yesterday. The running angel on the bottom left is my favorite.

OK, here's where I pimp/make your life better by sharing one of my
favorite things:
Paper Blanks. I'm on my third Paper Blank notebook and don't plan on switching teams anytime soon. Here's a list of the things I love about them and why you should get one A.S.A.P.
  • They close with a magnet - how cool is that? This way pages don't fly open and get bent.
  • They support the arts with scholarships and grants
  • They offer a perfect range of sizes. I have one that fits in a clutch. It saves me at dullsville gallery openings
  • They don't scrimp on quality
  • They're the perfect sketchbook/notebook because they have lines for writing, but they're light enough to completely disappear when a page is scanned.
  • They open flat as a pancake.
  • There's a wide selection of covers and styles. They're all so pretty!
  • Ooh, they all have that great string-book-mark thingy. (I'm pretty sure that's the technical term.)
  • Many of them have pockets in the back!
  • They're acid free (of course)
  • They're all archival quality and take a variety of mediums remarkably well

Come over to the cool kids table and get one soon! They're carried in Barnes and Noble, most museums and the occasional smartly stalked local bookstore. They'll get you drawing/writing/smiling more.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails