Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Sharpie Really Shouldn't Sell Their Markers in Sets

Why would you ever really need more than one Sharpie? Why would you ever really need a Sharpie in a color other than black? These are the tough kinds of questions I'm not afraid to ask. They are the kind of questions that require research. As a result of my inquisitive nature I am the owner of a boxed set of 25 colored Sharpies.


There are days where I just can't draw. Then there are days where I just can't draw. A dedicated free association day with a strange medium that I can really control knocks that out of me. Thanks be to God that these days of not being able to draw are now few and far between. My head just couldn't handle the effects of long term Sharpie fumes if they came more often.



This is a free association moment:
But I bet you know what it means...or at least your subconscious does. Heeeyyyy.
These sketches are done with that infamous box of Sharpies. A closer look at them now, as it's been a while since they were done, makes me realize they kind of look like they belong on a Harijuku Tour. I'll have to have my people call Guin. I mean, if I can create a zillion illustrations with 25 stinky makers, without much give in the point and a tendency to bleed on any paper one might attempt to use them with, my people can certainly call Guin.




If time goes by and you don't see these on tour it's most likely because they belong in my new 'What a Doll!' series. Hold your horses, you'll see them in all their glory as they're actually meant to be seen soonish.




Don't you worry your pretty little head, this is just a smattering. There's plenty more where these came from.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what Sharpeis are, but it looks like you had a whole lot of fun! :)

Simone P. said...

I agree with you! Sharpies should just come in black for labeling!

Beth L said...

OMG Amber I love love love these clothes. Maybe it's the imagined Sharpie-fumes but I absolutely MUST have all of them. Oh and more important, I must have the fabulous tiny waist that is drawn into each piece to go with it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails