Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Draw Girls

On one particularly long day in college a life-drawing professor chided me. Somehow (how?) he sensed my feigned interest in drawing the male form. Perhaps I was nibbling on the end of a charcoal pencil while a nude man graced the stage. When i draw men it's with half my heart.



"Amber, you can't base an entire career on just drawing girls...." he sing-songed.
I paused in thought, then recommitted myself to my Bristol, realizing with a sigh that he was probably right.



What have seven years of reflection on this point taught us? Oh, I know.
BOO YA.



I say neigh, Professor. Neigh to that.


My life drawing from this year's Pratt Draw-A-Thon can be seen on FlickR. I'll be uploading the last of the drawings that happened this year this coming weekend.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails