Friday, May 20, 2011

Soaked

Lately all my twitter updates ( http://twitter.com/#!/SheSureIs ) have had to do with wanting to stab NYC's torrential rain. It's not MAY showers, people. grr. So you would think something of the like would be the natural 3 minute sketch for Illustration Friday's 'Soaked'.


I however grew up with the world's greatest dog. No. Seriously. In the history of the world no quadruped has been greater. Pal was a Christmas puppy the year I turned 8 and for the first couple years of our relationship, when it came to bath time. I was totally whipped. This is a quick homage to the buddy I miss more often than I miss most old friends.

Happy Friday, yo!

10 comments:

Irene said...

Very sweet homage. And I agree, the NYC rain is getting old.

Heather said...

awwww....yup, nothing sweeter than the love of dog...
i am with you tired of the NYC rain!!! ugggg!

Karin said...

I've missed all kinds of sketchy goodness at your blog while I was on my break from blogland...You've made me all misty and nostalgic from my childhood pup with this post. sniff sniff. Don't even mention that four letter word around me...I have never been so wet or cold in the month of MAY!

Joni Nickrent said...

A perfect sketch for this weeks submission and for chasing away the rain in NYC! Sending Sunshine thoughts your way!

Majoni's Illustrations said...

Love it!

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

There's something about our beloved dogs and water! Great illustration for the topic.

Ray Ferguson said...

Very cute! Great illo!

Sarah Melling said...

Great job...so sweet, and it has such fun energy. I love the story about your dog!

Hannah said...

Adorable sketch. Great movement.

Ana M.F. said...

lovely homage :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails