In case you were wondering,
It's a there and back again kind of morning.
The view from our hotel room:
A quick walk to the pool:
The view of said pool:
(I know, right?)
The view of the beach.
Five days of sand and saltwater beats any NYC pedicure.
The view of the streets:
I was shocked to find the Bahamas prettier than I pictured it, and tickled to find that a majority of the buildings are pink.
View of historical natural, national beauty:
The view from the jungle:
A panoramic view south:
A view of the most relaxed I get (hopefully also the reddest):
After a lot of thinking and planning I decided to leave my laptop stateside. This face is the face of a girl who abandoned the internet for a week for the first time since the 90s.
See? Happy face:
(Ignore creepy kinda-winky eye.)
View from the boat!
What? You've never seen a dolphin before?
So here's the stats:
- I swam with dolphins.
- Ate infinite carbs for breakfast, every morning.
- Spent less than five minutes on the internet.
- Didn't have access to a phone.
- Got burnt to a crisp
- Hid from the sun under a hat, a first for sure.
- Spent every day with some of the people I love best.
- Ran from smoke INDOORS (what?! people have their Cubans hanging out of their mouths everywhere!)
- Ate ice cream when I felt like it.
- Won $8 at the slots
- Sipped pretty drinks, shore side
- Spent as much time in the water as the days of my youth.
Now I'm home, and luckily for me, home is one of the places I love best.
Still, you have to admit, "It's better in the Bahamas" ;)