Thursday, November 05, 2009

Of Mice and Owls

Here's a couple of pages from the children's book I'm percolating with these days.
The turn around time on this project is whiplash worthy. I have thirty pages due by the end of the month. My novel hasn't really budged since November 1st. While I watch the world's writing tallies go off the charts I pull out the Col-Erase and draw me some unruly animals and everything is fine.
Leaving the Barn
It's kind of killing me to see how great everyone is doing on their novels at NaNoWriMo. I take solace in knowing that I'm working hard crossing so many things off the parchment paper of stuff to do that rolls out of my studio, down the stairs through the door, down the street and across the Brooklyn Bridge as it makes it's way to Midtown.

The nice thing is that while I'm overwhelmed all the projects I have in the air, all working really means is listening to Ben Folds and drawing animals. Sometimes I even eat chocolate while I do that. So life is good and while things are crazy I'll just save it for the drawing board.

Who Goes There?
'Surviving Ebola' may be taking a back burner, but PiBoIdMo is going swimmingly. Don't forget to stop by Tara's great motivational blog to kickstart your kid's book thinking. I hope you're all finding inspiration while the year dies out your window ;)

I'll write my novel, and I'll do it this month, but right now this book is the thing!

listening to right this second: "Narcolepsy" -- Ben Folds

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mice and owl sketches are already awesome, I can't wait to see the finished illustrations.

Thanks for having fun with us at PiBoIdMo!

Anonymous said...

I love the mice in this sketch, they are so fun. Looks like life is fun for you too, great work. Thanks for the comment on my blog for IF. Those comments always take to great places.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails