- I had a score of infinite giggles and deep dreamy conversation with my very best friends. I can only wish you our kind of joy, the kind that happens over French food in a room bedecked to look like Sherwood Forest. If you'd like that exact experience I suggest you grab the Duchess and my JenPal and head to Robin des Bois' (photo by Johannes Kroemer)
- I walked over the Brooklyn Bridge. OK I kind of swam over it. The air in Bklyn has been thick enough to Butterfly through.
- The best and most impressive thing is this:
I (along with my biz partner, Pam aka. mom) celebrated a massive birthday event marking our one year anniversary of owning and creating www.AmberInk.com
- oh and I created this banner to advertise said event:
- I finished the line art for my first official picture book dummy.
- I had it looked like by a real life publisher thanks to Pat Cummings and her supportive and brilliant but mega-intense Children's Book Boot Camp.
- I busted my Wii power sensor bar that I keep across the room
- I busted a picture frame and had glass shatter across my room
- I managed to kill the mosquito that I was chasing in the previous two transpired events.
- I reveled in a 50% off sale at AI Friedman (I had to buy a new picture frame) I went to the store, because I love it, but you can buy stuff online too. I also love going there because it allows me to run next door where...
- I spent another glorious afternoon at Books of Wonder
- I sadly listened to a lot of Back to Black
- I broke through a 1 inch piece of plywood with my bare hand (don't worry, it was intentional)
- I went to Florida to get more...
- Health Coach training (I'm getting healthy I figure i might as well help everyone else do it too.)
- Speaking of which... I lost 3 pounds!
- I made new friends
- I invented new friends...
- first: gum drop raccoons:
obviously a gateway drug, naturally leading to the invention of
- gum drop penguins.
Both are working titles so please, by all means, please suggest names for these soon to be expansive lines.
- I came home to my beautiful Brooklyn, and kissed the hard wood floor that runs from my bedroom to my studio.
Yep, that's what happened. Now like my friend Jay-Z says, On to the next one.
Monday, July 25, 2011
A New York Minute
Because I don't journal and I would like to, I now do a New York Minute to bring you through my week. I didn't get this done last week because I was convinced I was dying. OK. I had a BAD cold. Whatever.