Friday, December 17, 2010

Expect the Unexpected

Coming to work yesterday was torture. I was the girl who gets off the train at her destination and then sits on the bench like 'ooooh hey everybody, I'm just waiting for my train'. I needed to finish the chapter of the book I was reading. A co-worker getting off further up the train met me while I was getting ready to sit and engaged me in very-Jane Austen-like conversation. Within minutes I found myself having to walk with them as we chatted. Before I knew it I was at my computer, ready for a long day without the few pages of the 7th Harry Potter book I was craving.

At job-job this week I am doing a movie about Forests. I've been going through some of our existing assets and fleshing them out in preparation for this new opus. It's pretty calming work and somewhat dull. In essence I'm drawing a lot of trees to match trees that other artists have already drawn so that everything conveys the allusion of a vast space. I move trees and bushes and then draw some more.

Around lunch in the middle of my "i-want-to-read-my-book" lament, I moved a tree an inch to the right. WOAH! Behind the tree I found THIS!


That's right. THIS! In true scribble drawing form,
I knew what this was. I saw it so clearly. Can't you?!



How about now?


Now?


Can you see it now?!!? Oh man.


Can you seeeeeeeee it?!


It might still be a little bit hard to tell, but now....

you'll have seen his patronus.

You'll be sure that you have met the Half-Blood Prince in the Forbidden Forest by the Whomping Willow.

So. um. now that i've displayed yet another nerd-tacular skill of mine, um... i'm going to get back to the tree drawing and the forest making.

What are you seeing in the oddest places lately?

3 comments:

)en said...

Oh. My. GAAH.

Words cannot convey the the pure, unadulterated delight in my heart.

When i first saw it i thought, a witch? a hag? I was close, but obvy it's Snape.

You're amazing. This is amazing.

Amber Alvarez said...

Awww, I'm glad you appreciated it, Jen Mo. It kind of reminded me about how you see music.

)en said...

i see music. you see snape.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails