Tuesday, September 01, 2009

And Just Like That

she's here.
I walked home tonight with my books held tightly to my chest and the wind whipping my hair around me like a scarf. I giggled a little as I fought the breeze. It seems I spent so much energy waiting for a Summer that never seemed to come. Then September 1 showed up and Miss Autumn knows exactly where she belongs. I didn't even realize it was time yet. All of the sudden I stopped feeling like I'd been cheated out of a Summer. Out of no where Fall is here and out of no where I am giddily excited about her arrival.

Listening to right this second: "What a Diff'rence a Day Makes" -- Dinah Washington

2 comments:

Meagan said...

What is it about fall that brings on such an excitement inside us? I'm feeling the same way... Great drawing, thanks for sharing!

)en said...

i friggin' love the fall. you know it's serious when i say "friggin." and i do, and it is.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails