Saturday, September 12, 2009

The New Girl

As a children's illustrator I am always thankful that I can remember what it felt like to be a little kid. There are a few pivotal days that I call to mind when it comes to my early education. In the third grade I transferred from Ben Parker to Puohala Elementary School. Walking into the classroom and taking a seat was honestly harder than my first day at Scholastic, my junior year of college. This illustration is an homage to those kind of days, when you have to be strong, even though you are very little.You can see "The New Girl" in its entirety at Watercolor Wednesdays.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

these are so sweet!!!

Randall said...

Ok this is awesome. Is this all watercolors or some digitaly modified?

You got me wanting to do drawings like this. Cool.

~Kirby

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails