Monday, September 14, 2009

Step into My Studio

Welcome #1 - to my thought process...
When I was barely green and fresh out of college I was lucky enough to work on an intimate five person design team for the first season of Pinky Dinky Doo.
I rarely pull out this old portfolio, but thought I'd show you a bit about what I'm talking about.

Here's BeckyBot - a babysitter robot of course!
If you look closely you can see what she's made out of, well other than hard work and a teenage dedication to the watching of young children.

Her head is a trashcan that I cut and modified and colored to fit just so. Her wrist cuffs are the seal on a light bulb. Her legs are from a fire place mantle and her body's a salad bowl.

Did I mention that I freaking loved this gig? because did I ever!
If my dust bunnies were this cute, I wouldn't ever sweep.(Let's be honest, they aren't and I don't.)

Welcome #2 - to my newest project

I'm at the beginning of concepts for a new childrens book I'll be doing in an evolved style that has it's roots in this idea of photo collage.

The front door of this house is a huge and important factor for this new book, luckily I live in the most picturesque bit of Brooklyn a girl could hope to habitat.

Welcome #3 - to my neighborhood
These were all taken within a three block radius from my bit of brownstone.
Which do you think is most welcoming?

P.S. One of these doors is mine! - 3 points to anyone who can guess which.

6 comments:

Hanz said...

Very informative site... nice
=====================================================
IPTECWORLD CCTV Camera Security Systems Dubai

IPTECWORLD Blog

AL HANDAL Contracting Dubai HAC Contracting

IPBIO Biometrics Access Control Dubai

Wedding Photographer in the Philippines

IPTECWORLD Alexa Traffic

Sandy K. said...

I love brownstone doors they are so beautiful! How lucky are you to be in a neighborhood with so many. My favorite is the bright red door(16th), my guess for your door is 6th.

Amber Alvarez said...

Haha, I wish that were my door! It's my favorite in the bunch, but alas not mine.

thedoodlegirl said...

Is yours the red door then? They are all SO awesome. What a cool neighborhood. I am amazed at your creativity with the robot girl. So clever! And the bunnies are oh-SO-cute!!! You are very talented. And thank you so very, very much for your kind comments on my blog last week! You are so great!!

Amber Alvarez said...

Ha, Thanks Doodle girl! I belly laughed over your mustache kiddos today.

Nope, the red door isn't mine, but you're getting closer. It is a bold color.

Soggy Dog Studios said...

Hi Amber, Thanks for stopping by my Soggy Dog Studio Blog, glad to know someone else can relate to quirky photos.... I am so happy to have now discovered your adorable blog...and website.... How very talented you are!

WOW - Pinky Pinky Doo... My kids and I still play Eat it or Wear it.... And what great diggs you have there in your Brownstone - nice doors!

Take Care! - KIM

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails